My father is eighty-nine years old and until last week was in relatively good health. He lives by himself and drives. Last Friday afternoon he began to feel very sick. A trip to the doctor showed he has congestive heart failure. I spent most of the three day weekend tending to him and his needs. My mind has been on him and so I completely forgot to update the blog on Tuesday when we came back to school.
By now you probably already know about the new list of Word Journal vocabulary and the new spelling words. We did take the spelling pretest today. Most of the children did very well. A few need to retake it tomorrow. So, look in the book bags tonight for the pretest to find out for sure.
We will not have a new list of Word Journal vocabulary next week. I have some important Holy Week activities planned. There will be a spelling test over thirty-five words on Wednesday of next week. I will send a full list home on Monday. The words are a compilation of the words we have been adding to the basal reader spelling lists each week. So, this is basically a review of those words.
There will not be a pretest. There is just one test on Wednesday. We will also have a test of those same thirty-five words on the Friday we return from Easter break, just in case you really like to plan ahead.
I have been giving the children the "weekend off" from reading the books from our classroom. I am so glad to see them choose to read the books they have selected from our school library anyway and then take the Scholastic Reading Counts comprehension tests over them. They are so motivated and are showing a great love for reading.
I may not post next week because I have covered a lot of the information here. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a blessed and restful Easter break with your children. Please remember my father in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.