I have just a few updates for the last week of school.
There will be a spelling test over the 35 word spelling list on Wednesday this week. Most of the children said they needed to copy it down again and should have brought the list home on Monday. If your child has passed the test with all the words correct three time in a row, they will not have to take the test again on Friday.
Thursday we we will have an awards ceremony in our classroom to celebrate the achievements of our classmates. Look for the Six Flags reading certificate and a memory booklet I have been keeping for each one of them this year to come home in the book bag that evening.
Friday we will be deep cleaning our room. I asked each of the students to bring a small rag and plastic bag to put it in so it won't get everything in the book bag wet. We also have the school awards ceremony in church that day. If you can, plan to attend.
Monday is the long awaited Summer Blast Off! Don't forget to send a lunch from home with your child that day. '
Tuesday we dismiss at 11:00. There is no after-school care that day.
Remember to read with your child this summer. They have worked so hard and learned so much, don't let regress this summer with time off from reading. Practice addition and subtraction math facts. That is a big part of second grade. Mostly have them journal and continue writing this summer using complete sentences in paragraph form with punctuation and capitalization. This will be expected of them in second grade.
As we begin this countdown through the last week of school, I want to thank you for sharing the gift of your children with me. I have had a great school year. They are a bright energetic group that have kept me on my toes all year. I can honestly say every day this year they have said or done something to make me laugh. I see each of them as a wonderful gift from God. I appreciate the opportunity to have been their teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.