We had a pizza party last Friday to celebrate the whole class graduating from the beginning reading level and everyone getting 100% on the spelling pretest! It was an awesome academic week!
This week we have another pizza party on Thursday for the attendance award at the Holy Name Pancake breakfast. The saying in class the last few days has been "Pizza, pizza!"
Don't forget about tomorrow being the second Tuesday with an early dismissal and a dress down day. Wednesday is Grandparents Day. The children are so excited. Grandparents should meet us at the Selinger cafeteria at 12:45. We will go to Mass afterwards. Please remember to send a note if your child will be going with their grandparents rather than to After School Care. If I don't receive a note, I have to send them to After School Care. All of the children must come back to the classroom after Mass to get their book bags. Then, I will dismiss them to the proper place at that time.
There is a new list of Word Journal vocabulary. There is a spelling pretest on Wednesday with the final test on Friday. Keep reading the books nightly. I am proud of the children. They are so self-motivated to read and earn those SRC points. The students do have Math homework tonight. I plan on giving math homework Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week. But with early dismissal and Grandparents Day we just might night get the lesson finished each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.