A big thank you to all of the parents and grandparents who helped chaperone for the Earth Day activities. The children loved it and learned so much. We all returned back to school safe and sound. That was my main concern. I could have never supervised all of them by myself. So, again I say, thank you.
We are still working on Word Journal vocabulary and spelling words. Math homework is on it's way home tonight as well.
This time of year tends to make all of us, teachers and students, anxious for summer vacation. There is still a lot of work to do. So please continue reading nightly with your child. Most of the children have earned the attendance to the ice cream party. However, there are just a few that still need to read and pass tests. It would be so disappointing for only one or two of the children to not get to attend. Even if they have earned the ice cream party, there are still raffle tickets, dress down passes and giant candy bars and and homework passes to earn.
I know with the warm weather all of us are staying outside longer in the evening. I can tell some of the children are not getting the rest they need in the evenings. Try to stick to a reasonable bed time. To be able to concentrate for school, first grade children need ten hours of sleep each night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.