Friday, November 11, 2016

Great Week

We had an awesome Veterans Day Assembly.  Men and women in their military uniforms joined us.  We prayed with them, sang with them and thanked them.  The children wrote to you in the Friday Journals about the Assembly and what they learned about service to our country.  I hope you will have time over the weekend to respond to them.  In the center pocket of the FISH Folder you will find a plastic figure of an armed service person with a note reminding you to prayer for our veterans along with the men and women who work to protect our country.
I am so proud of the children being responsible and bringing in the money and items for the Box of Joy Program.  We had 100% participation and enjoyed a movie with popcorn and juice boxes this afternoon.
There will be a new list of Word Journal vocabulary this Monday.  But on Monday of Thanksgiving break, there will not be a new list.  I can't believe I am talking about Thanksgiving break.  But since I am, Thanksgiving week marks the middle of the second quarter.  The children will be tested on recognition of the Word Journal vocabulary beginning with the word ANIMAL to the end of the lists for a report card grade.  I will begin testing them over the words the week we return from Thanksgiving break.  So please encourage your child to bring the Word Journal home over Thanksgiving break to ensure success on their report card.
We will continue with math homework Monday through Thursday evening next week.  They all could use some extra practice on the subtraction facts.
Next week Wednesday we will get to see the dress rehearsal for the Fall Concert. With our room right across the hall from the music room, I do believe my class has most of the songs memorized!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.