Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A God Moment

I hope all of you were able to view the eclipse with your children yesterday.  It was thrilling to hear what the children had to say about it this morning.  I told them, as old as I am and as much as I have seen, it was one of those times when I really felt the awesome power of our God.  It was truly a God moment for me.  We also talked about how there was a total eclipse and the sky grew dark at the moment Jesus died on the Cross.
In the book bag tonight, you will find a notebook marked Word Journal.  On the first page is a list of words your child copied from the Smart Board.  These words are the vocabulary words for the week. They go with the reading story and work book pages from our reading series. We have reviewed these words in class.   It will be important to review these words with your child to make sure they know them and will be successful as we use them in class each day during reading time.  For homework, the children are to read the words to you.  When they can read the words without any help, sign the page and return the notebook to school with your child.  I allow two nights for practice and then the notebook is due back at school signed.   As the year progresses, the words will become increasingly more difficult. Most children will pick them up in class but some children will need extra practice at home.  To make sure your child is keeping up, it is important to study these words each week.  The children will be tested over them for a report card grade as well.
We practiced making and saying the Sign of the Cross today.  There is a two page diagram with the correct words and motions.  Look over it with your child.  They will be tested on this for a report card grade.
They do have math homework tonight.  It is due tomorrow morning.  There will no math homework on Wednesday of this week because there is a Home and School meeting at 6:30 in the Monsignor Lammers Gymnasium.  There will be Math Homework on Thursday evening.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.