Friday, October 20, 2017

Report Cards

With report cards coming home this evening, I wanted to explain to you the way I talked to the children about the grades on them.  An S means Super and you have learned this well.  A P means you are still Practicing and there is a little bit more work to do. An X means you need to do some Extra practicing to help you understand.
As I was speaking to the children today, I got the feeling they thought a P on the report card was a bad thing.  It really is not.  There are many concepts we are practicing now and just have not developed the concept fully for mastery.  All of the children will have the mark of P on the report card.  This lets you know what has been introduced but we still have some more work to do in class to  learn it well.
In the envelope with the report card and conference sign up sheet, you will find a letter from me explaining your child's reading level in the Reading Counts Program. There is a page with suggestions for the nightly reading to build comprehension.  This will help the children feel more confident when taking the comprehension tests at school.  There is a dress down pass from Mr. Veit for those children who did not attend Homework Helpers this quarter.  You will also find Taco Bell coupons to help celebrate a successful first quarter with your child.  So, be sure to check those envelopes carefully.
I am looking forward to seeing all the parents and the students at Parent/Student/Teacher conferences when we can talk more about their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.