You may have seen me hobbling around for the last few weeks. I have torn a meniscus in my left knee and I need to have surgery. It is scheduled for Tuesday, November 28. I will be out of school from then until December 11th. I don't imagine I will check my emails much while I am gone, so if it communication for immediate need, please contact the office to relay the message to my substitute. From November 28 until December 4, Miss Carla Forck will be my sub . Then Joey Tomblin will finish up on December 5th to the 8th.
There will not be a new list of Word Journal vocabulary this week so take time to go over the words starting with the word ANIMAL to the end. When I return, all students will be expected to read the words to me for a report cards grade. As usual there will be a new list of Word Journal vocabulary next Monday, 11-27 and the following Monday on 12-4. I can't say for sure, however I have planned for the children to have math homework as usual each night while I am gone. The big thing I am noticing them forgetting is writing numbers to 100 without reversals. As they are doing the math papers at home with you each evening, be on the look out for those reversals.
We will continue bringing a book home each evening to read out loud to you. The children did take the comprehension Lexile test today. Many of the children moved up to a higher level. If you notice the books with a number rather than BR, that is good. These books will be a bit harder. So, hang in there. They can do it!
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy the extra family time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.