Monday, December 11, 2017

Ketchup

Today was "ketchup" day.  I spent the whole day getting caught up on lots of things!  I heard all kinds of "while you were gone" stories.  I read through the FISH FOLDERS.  I caught up on the distribution of the Reading Counts prizes.  There were MANY.  I put up SO many stickers for the nightly reading.  But, most of all I got caught up on all the hugs I didn't get while I was recuperating.  Today was just the first day back, but things went pretty well.  As one little boy told me, "You don't walk as fast as you did before."  My response was, "But when I walk, it doesn't hurt as much. And that is more important than how fast I walk."  He agreed.
My early Christmas present to the children is .......  no more new Word Journal lists until after Christmas break.  They cheered when I told them.  However, they really need to know all of the Word Journal vocabulary starting with the word ANIMAL to the end .  They are being tests over all of those words for a report card grade.
We have practiced writing the date on the math papers for several weeks now.  But, there are still children who can not look at the calendar and tell what the date is using the month, day and year.  So, you may want to review that with them.  Also, I am testing them on counting to 100 by 5's and 10's and writing from 1 to 100 with no reversals. There will be math homework each night this week.
The children can purchase books from the school library on Thursday of this week for 25 cents.
There is also a drive to help Birthright.  You can send in new or gently used baby items to help the clients at Birthright.
Don't forget, tomorrow, 12-12-17, is the ever loved Dress Down Day with a early dismissal at 1:30.
I missed these kiddos so much. I felt their joy the minute they saw me this morning. Their enthusiasm is all I needed to have a great "ketchup" day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.