It's a short week but we are spending lots of time on Google classroom reviewing things like root words(new terminology for base words), counting money, sight words, long and short vowels, and symmetry. All of these skills are on the report cards as well. I have started testing over some of the report card skills. So far, most are doing well. This is a bit early to start, but who knows what will happen in the next three weeks.
There is not going to be a new list of High-Frequency Words this week. Look for week fourteen in the notebook next Monday.
There is a bit of math homework tonight and the book to read as well.
Don't forget, tomorrow is a Dress Down Day even though we have church.
I want to wish the families of my students a Happy Thanksgiving. This has been a chaotic year. But, still there are so many things in life to be thankful for each day. I am blessed with this group of students. I enjoy my days with them. Last Friday morning my eleven-year-old beagle I had raised since a puppy died. I was just a mess. The children were so sympathetic and well behaved while I trudged through the day. Today while I was testing for report cards I listened to them read, it is amazing how many words they have learned to read in three months. I am so thankful for these hard-working, caring students God has brought to me this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.