Monday, November 30, 2020

Week 14

 I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break.  I sure did.  It was peaceful and relaxing.  I would like to ask you to pray for my sister-in-law, Dolores Lauf.  She has been in the ICU on a bi-pap breathing machine battling COVID for over a week now.  She could use lots of prayers right now.

We are now beginning week 14 in the Journeys reading series. This week we will study the magic, super, silent e.  I have put the Journeys lesson fourteen on Goggle Classroom for the children to watch.  You may want to take the time to see some of the videos with your child in the evening to observe the teaching strategies I use to help the students master decoding long vowels sounds using the silent e.  There is a new list of High-Frequency Words this week.  Please study those with your child and return the notebook signed on 12-3.

Our focus in Religion these next few weeks will be on the liturgical season of Advent.  We have an Advent Wreath in our classroom.  I have lots of activities planned for the last 14 school days of the second quarter.  

That's correct,14 school days until the end of the quarter. There will be lots of testing going on for report card grades in those days.  If your child is struggling with a concept, I will write a note in the FISH Folder letting you know some extra practice is needed at home to master the skill.  So, be checking those folders daily.  

We will have math homework every night this week and the nightly reading as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.