Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to my school families.  I hope Christmas break gave you the opportunity to spend quality time with your children, to rest, and be renewed. Unfortunately, I had COVID most of the break.  I am feeling much better but I still get tired easily.  So, from my point of view, I was ready for Christmas break to be over, and I missed the children.
Today went very well.  They came in this morning and went right back into the routine.  They wrote stories and about the presents, family gatherings, sleigh rides, and fun activities from Christmas break and read them for the class.  I enjoyed hearing them.  Lots of Reading Counts prizes were earned over the break, too. Those should be in the book bag tonight. 
There will be the same routine for homework, too.  There will be math homework every night this week. There is a new list of High-Frequency Words due back with a signature on Friday, 1-8. Don't forget to listen to your child read nightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.