Friday, February 12, 2021

Valentines

 Thank goodness, today was a reasonably normal day compared to the last two weeks.  We made Valentines for our mothers.  Check the bookbags.  We practice telling time, reading comprehension, prepositional phrases, and compound words.  We learned a new prayer, the Hail Holy Queen, and also found out that chocolate actually comes from a FRUIT! We had a great Valentine Exchange with treats and virtual games. I had an abundance of Valentine stickers, so we decorated a zip lock bag and put the Valentine treats and cards in them. Check the bookbags.  

With the cold weather setting in and lots of indoor recess, I would like to reuse the Zip Lock baggies I sent home with Valentine's in them.  I have lots of small tubs with activities for the children to play with individually at recess.  Then, I disinfect them and close them back up overnight.  The children seem to be happy and like that.  But, for those who would like to bring a few small items from home and store them in the classroom in that Valentine Baggie to play with at their desk during recess time, I am willing to give it a try.  I just will not be able to keep track of all their things, so I ask for the items to fit in the Zip Lock bag with it closed.  I also am asking for nothing to be brought to the school of any great monetary value. Things are so easily misplaced and broken with this many children in one room. 

I am sending three books home over the weekend.  The children can take tests over the books when we are off on Monday.  The majority of the students have reached the 100 point level and have their name proudly displayed on the front bulletin board by the office.  I wish you could see it. Some of the students are so motivated and if they want to read the books and take tests at home, great.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.