Tuesday, March 16, 2021

I'm Back

   I was dreading my birthday because this is the big 60.  But, it was a day spent with the people I love most, my children and grandchildren, in one of my favorite places in the world, Gulf Shores, Alabama.   It was just perfect.  I brought back seashells.  We made necklaces with some of them.  My sub left a glowing report about their good behavior and hard work.  I'm so proud of these kiddos.  They welcomed me back and showered me with beautiful birthday cards.  I appreciate the cute gifts and gift cards, too.  

Tomorrow is a bring in a dollar and Dress Down Wearing Some Green for Saint Patrick's Day.  I was a little surprised to see that no one has brought in a dollar yet.  So, here's your friendly reminder.

There is no school on Friday of this week as the teachers will be receiving the Covid vaccine.  In fact, as I did some long-range curriculum planning this morning, I noticed there is no school for the next four Fridays!  These days off could be a game-changer for a few students in the class.  The big prize (200 points) for the Reading Counts program is Pizza Party.  It usually takes place in the first part of May.  It looks as though most of the class is going to make that 200 point level.  However, a few children are not quite there yet and are running out of time to gain those points.  It would be a big letdown for any student to miss that party while the majority of the class attends.  So, I have talked to the children about taking advantage of these days off encouraging them to take several books home to read and taking the tests while at home those Fridays off.  The link for accessing the Reading Counts Program is on Google Classroom clearly marked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.