Monday, April 19, 2021

Millions and Millions

 Well, today, they reached four million total words in the Reading Counts Program.  Never before and maybe never again will this happen.  They are the best reading class I have ever taught.  Teachers dream of a class that is so self-motivated.  They take my challenges and pick harder books with more words so they can get to the next million mark.  I made a promise and I am going to keep it.  I told them when they hit 4 million there would be a night of no homework.  So, tonight there are no math pages, books to read, or High-Frequency words to study.  Homework for tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday are a different story.    There will be the usual math homework, nightly reading, and a new list of High-Frequency Words to study. Enjoy the free evening with your child.

We worked on identifying space shapes, math facts, and counting money today. I will start testing for report card grades this week in those areas.  

We have worked a great deal on written language this quarter. Their skills are getting so much better. Their little stories are actually quite entertaining.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.