We took advantage of the great weather on Friday and walked to the Capitol. The 9-11 display was informative and breathtaking at the same time. I was teaching Kindergarten here on that morning twenty years ago when the world changed. I think the children learned from the display. I tied it right in with what we are doing in Religion. We have been talking about praying for those who don't have love in their hearts and how the love of Jesus can change everything.
I will be calling all parents this week or next with a mid-quarter report on your child's progress and to see if you have any questions.
The nightly reading is going well. Most of the children are passing comprehension tests and are close to winning prizes. There will be math each evening this week There is also a new list of Word Journal vocabulary due back on Thursday, 9-16.
Don't forget there is an early dismissal tomorrow at 1:15 for the first grade and their siblings. It is a Dress Down Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.