Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Big Week for Me

This is a big week for my family.  My daughter is getting married on Saturday.  I will taking off a few days to finish a last minute preparations this week and then two days next week to cleanup and recuperate.  This is a joyous time for me as her mother to see her marry a good Christian man in the sacrament of matrimony.  Carla Forck will be my sub. She has worked in the substitute capacity at St Peter for many years.
There is a new set of Word Journal vocabulary coming home in the book bags. As usual, study the words with your child until they know them without hesitation.  Then sign the page and return the notebook to school by Wednesday, 9-17.  I would also ask you to go over the previous two pages of words as well.  The workbook pages not only use words from this week's list but from the previous lists as well.  Today I noticed some of the children were unsure of words like "find" and "who".  I would also suggest taking some time to go over the 99 word cards.  The children pull them out during the day and quiz each other over them.  Each child seems to be learning a few more words each week.  If your child can read them, have them start spelling the easier ones to you.  This will expand their written language skills. 
You may have noticed the addition math flash cards in the plastic baggie last night in the book bag.  We have started the memorization of addition math facts with sums up to 12.  For now we are working on +1 and a few doubles.  Your child should also be able to look at the flash card and answer without hesitation.  This is one of the objectives on the report card.  We will add a few more cards with facts to the baggie each week, instead of trying to memorize them all at once.
I have only received one envelope with orders for school pictures.  Don't forget, school pictures on Monday, 9-22.
There will be a new list of Word Journal vocabulary next Monday even though I will not be at school. 
I would appreciate prayers for good weather and all to go smoothly on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.