There are so many fun things happening this week. I will try to go over as many as possible.
Today was Wear Pink Day for Breast Cancer Awareness. We had an assembly were we listened to an employee from the American Cancer Society speak to us about how cancer effects our lives. With the sale of the pink shirts, we raise $550.00 for the American Caner Society. We also talked about Christopher Columbus today. Mainly, the Chili Supper and the great cinnamon rolls were the top subject for discussion. Because of the supper this evening, there will be no assigned homework.
There is a new list of Word Journal vocabulary. It is not due back signed until Thursday, 10-13.
Tuesday is Parent Lunch Day for last names L-R. Mr Veit announced the students may wear a K.C. Royals shirt or a St. Louis Cardinal shirt with dress code bottoms because of both Missouri teams being in the playoffs.
Wednesday we have Mass as usual. We have been talking about tithing in religion class. The children learned tithing is giving back to God just a little bit of all the great things he has given us. It is not just about money, it is about sharing our time and the talents, too. I am impressed to see the children bringing a few coins to put in the collection basket at the grade school Masses. I want to thank you for helping me teach the concept of tithing. I encouraged the children to do a few extra chores at home to earn some change to put in the collection basket at Wednesday's Mass. Many of the children have been doing it without any note sent home. I want to thank all the parents who have participated and say "Keep up the good work".
Thursday is the traditional Spirit Wear Day. It is also the Helias Homecoming Parade.
Friday is Dress Down Day for all those who did not attend Homework Helpers and report cards will be coming home with the children. I want to encourage all parents to schedule a conference with me. I do like to meet with the parents at the end of the first quarter.
Friday night we will find out who won the food drive at the HHS football game.
Saturday is the Mother Son Golfing event.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.