Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Disappointed

  Although I enjoyed the extra day at home, I was so disappointed the Mission Party was cancelled.  The Mission Party is a great time for the children but a perfect time to teach how we can impact the lives of people on a global scale. So, I took the missed opportunity to celebrate a mini Mardi Gras lesson incorporated with religion and reading skills. I made pancakes for the children.  The pancakes are round and golden which remind us of the sun.  The sun is the source of our life here on Earth.  The SON is the source of our spiritual and eternal  life.  So we had a religious lesson and homonym lesson all at once.  With tomorrow being Ash Wednesday, we have talked about giving up an action that keeps us from getting closer in our relationship with God rather than giving up candy or soda.  I had lots of great suggestions today like.... giving up being mean to my brother....giving up talking back to my mom and dad.... giving up talking in the halls at school.  Each child will write down on a piece of paper tomorrow morning the action they are working on during Lent.  It will be interesting to see if you notice a difference in anything at home.
There is a new list of Word Journal vocabulary.  It does have homonyms on it.  There is also a new spelling list.  The pretest will be on Thursday this week with the final test on Friday.
Look for several fliers in the book bag on Wednesday with information about upcoming events involving our school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.