Tuesday, September 29, 2015

One Down, Four to Go

When my children were much younger, we would take family vacations.  About two hours down the road I would hear, "Are we there yet?"  Today I was asked several time, "Are we done, yet?"  We did pretty well for the first day of testing but like I told the children, "This is testing week.  We will not be finished until Friday."  When I asked, "What do you think the hardest part is?"  There was one loud answer of "Listening!"  Give them encouragement and praise because we still have four more days to go. Remember early bed times, a good breakfast and a healthy snack help to make the "listening" part easier for them.
There will not be a new list of Word Journal vocabulary. But, take some time this week  to review the previous words and the word cards. There will possibly be math homework, it just depends on how long the testing takes to complete for the day.  I will send home a book each night for them to continue the nightly reading practice.
The children are allowed to dress in Spirit Wear this week.  As a sign of support for Miss Judy as she begins her treatment, the students are encouraged to wear pink Spirit Wear on Wednesday if they have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.