Several times this week I have heard the children say "It's so hot." So that brought me to tell about what it was like when I was in first grade. We didn't have air conditioning in school. There were forty students in my first grade class. Our teachers were sisters that wore long black dresses and long black veils. Then I realized I was starting to sound like my mother when she talked about how hard they had it when she was a child! So, just a warning, you may hear about the "Old Days" when Mrs. Lauf was in first grade.
We will have math homework every night this week. There is also a new list of Word Journal vocabulary to have your child read to you. Please sign the page and return it to school by Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.