After my knee surgery on December 14, I am happy to say I have graduated from home bound care and can now leave my house! I don't remember the ever spending 21 days in my house without driving. But, I am getting stronger little by little every day.
I spent a few hours at school on Saturday getting the next weeks lesson plans for your children completed.
I have completed grade cards as well. Look for those in the book bags on Thursday of this week.I will be conducting conferences on Tuesday, January 15. There is a 1:30 dismissal that day. Please sign up for a conference time using the forms that come home in the report card envelope this Thursday.
With the start of the new year we will also start something new with our academics. On Monday January 7, a list of spelling words will be coming home. The children will be tested over the correct spelling of these words using correct penmanship and letter formation. Lower case letters are to be used unless it is appropriate to use upper case letters. example: the word I should always be capitalized. If letters are backwards, the words will be counted incorrect. On Wednesday January 9, the children will take a pretest over these six words. If they spell them correctly, they do not have to take the final test on Friday, January 11. They will get to have free play while the other children retake the tests.
Don't forget this Tuesday is a 1:30 dismissal as well with a dress down day.
We will continue with a new list of Word Journal vocabulary this week and next week. Don't forget to continue the nightly reading with the signature in the book log.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.