Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Rest and Relaxation

I hope you had a restful relaxing long weekend.  I sure did.
The third quarter brings more challenging concepts.  I am proud of how well the students are doing.  There is a new list of Word Journal vocabulary.  As you can see, the words are getting much harder to decode.  Nothing is more pleasant than to sit in the classroom and hear them softly reading to themselves.  They have come so far.  So many of them are earning big points for the Scholastic Reading Counts Program.  They are so proud when they earn a homework pass, a dress down pass or  they hit that 100 mark and get to put their name on the bulletin board by the office.  
There is a new list of  spelling words this week.  The pretest is Thursday and the final test is Friday.
We will have math homework each night this week. Tonight there is only one page of math.
Some of the children have parts to read at Mass next Wednesday, January 23rd.  I sent the parts home for practice last Wednesday and Thursday. Check with your child to see if they have a part.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.