Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Bragging

I have to brag on my students. They wore their masks when told to, they listened and followed directions, they social distanced, carried their lunches and ate in the classroom and not one one complaint or refusal.  I will admit, I was a little unsure of how all of these new things would be tolerated by the children, but they were fantastic.  And I know today even as tired as I am, I have truly missed being in this classroom with children.  Watch the newspaper,  there might be a few masked faces you recognize in the next few days. 

Just a friendly reminder to turn all the forms sent home by the school office and in the FISH  Folder tomorrow.  Most of them came in today and I do appreciate that.  Be on the look out for the FISH Folder in the book bag every night.  Please send it to school in the book bag every day.

I have lanyards ordered for them to secure their masks around their necks during specials and at recess.  But, they have not arrived.  So we are carrying a zip lock baggie marked with their names to put their masks in at those times.  If you drive by at recess you can see all the baggies with the masks in them clothes pinned to the fence!

There is a bit of a change with dismissal for the car riders this year.  In the past the first grade students had waited for their parents or sibling to meet them at the ramp outside the front entrance of school.  We can no longer do that because of COVID and the large numbers of people congregating in a small area.  So this year,  the first grade teachers will escort the students who are care riders to the big flat, and adult or siblings should meet us there.  I sympathized with the older siblings who were frantically looking for their first grade brother or sister by the front door and we were not there.  So, I will be with my students on the big flat waiting for an adult or sibling to meet us and get them through the parking lot to a car.  Please remind your children who are car riders not to dart through the line of waiting cars but to use the designated cross walk.  The ones that did it today were just excited to see someone waiting for them at the end of the day.  But, it did scare the life out of me!    

Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.