The children are continuing to social distance well and wearing their masks with a few reminders. They are taking this seriously.
The biggest problem is the water bottles. They are kicked over on the floor or knocked off of the desk, the lid pops open and before I can get there to pick it up the whole thing has spilled on the floor. We had seven last Thursday, five on Friday and six today. So, I have an idea. I am thinking of cutting the top off of a two liter soda bottle and zip tying it to the back of their chair or the leg of their desk. Then they can put the water bottle in that to keep it from getting knocked over. But, I need 14 empty two liter soda bottles. So if you have any at home, I would appreciate it if you would send them in with the kiddos. I have to try something different or we are going to run out of paper towels.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the donations to our classroom. We now have microwave popcorn, Zip Lock Baggies, ketchup and cleaning supplies.
There is math homework tonight, page 5B. You will also find in the book bag a notebook called High Frequency Words. The first page has a list of words for the students to practice on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening of this week. Have your child read the lines of words to you each evening three times. Then on Wednesday evening sign the page and return the notebook to school on Thursday morning. These words go with the reading series and are used on workbook pages on a daily basis in class. From working with them today, I can see that most of the children already know them. But, some need a bit more practice at home. There will most likely be a new list of words in this notebook every week for them to review at home with you, so on Mondays be on the look out for it. They will be individually tested over recognition of these words for a report card grade. They even glued a reminder for you sign the paper on the inside cover of the notebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.