I hope everyone enjoyed the long Labor Day weekend. I relaxed and spent time with my grandchildren.
The early dismissal went well today. The staggered dismissal times helped with congestion on the parking lot. Most of the first grade parents were there right at 1:15.
There is a letter from me and a book from our classroom library in the middle pocket of the FISH Folder. The letter explains the nightly reading assignment. I have taken precautions for the spread of COVID with the books. I have four tubs of books, one for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night. Today we chose books out of the Tuesday tub. Tomorrow when they return the book I will put it in the Tuesday tub, put the lid on it and set it aside until next Tuesday. Seventy-two hours is the recommended time for decontamination of COVID for book and magazines. But, I went with the six days just to make sure.
There will be math homework tonight, Wednesday and Thursday of this week.
There is also a new list of High Frequency Words in the notebook tonight. Please review those with your child nightly and return the page signed to school on Friday.
We had a chance to use our new Chrome books in the classroom today. I'm excited to try more things with them this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.