Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Settling In

 After a full two weeks of school, we are getting into a routine and settling in to academics and social distancing very well.  The children seem to be comfortable in the environment.  I think we are beginning to build trust and a sense family in the classroom.  It feels good to me.  I hope you are sensing that from your child as well.

The two liter bottle idea didn't work out, so this past weekend I found magnetic hooks on Amazon to put on the side of the desks.  They came in yesterday.  The water bottles hang perfectly from them.  And I am rejoicing as I write this because today was the first day since the start of school that NOT ONE water bottle got kicked over and spilled!  Made my day!

I saw something yesterday that I thought I would share.  Three o'clock dismissal is a bit hectic this year.  A parent from our class had a great idea.  She had her child put her first and last name on a 8X10 piece of paper in big bubble letters and color it brightly.  She placed it in the passenger side window as she drove through the pick up lane.   I could see the name from several feet away, long  before I recognize the driver's face.  I was able to have her daughter ready to get in the car just as she pulled up. It made pick up quick, easy and safe.  I appreciate the great idea!

Don't forget the math homework this evening and to sign and send back the High Frequency word Journal.  

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.